Announcing Helicopter Maintenance Magazine's first Helicopter Mechanic of the Year Award
There’s excitement in the air at Helicopter Maintenance magazine’s offices in Wisconsin and Arizona, and we want to share it with you. As the industry’s premier magazine for, by and about helicopter maintenance professionals, we are going to offer an award for the 2013 Helicopter Mechanic of the Year. Following is information on who is eligible to participate and how to nominate an individual. You may also click HERE to download the nomination instructions in .pdf format.
2013 Helicopter Maintenance Magazine Mechanic of the Year Award Nominating Letter Instructions
Thank you for wanting to nominate a helicopter maintenance professional for this award. Before going through the instructions, please make sure that your nominee meets the eligibility requirements. They are:
- The nominee must be currently employed in the helicopter industry as a helicopter maintenance professional and have at least 3 years working experience on helicopters.
- The award is NOT for DOMs or employees of Helicopter Maintenance magazine or the Helicopter Maintenance magazine Advisory Board.
- The nominee may be an A&P mechanic, avionics technician who may or may not be an A&P mechanic and any other non-managerial maintenance professional. Supervisors who actually perform maintenance are eligible.
- The nominee can work for a federal (non-military), state or city helicopter flight organization. This can be a publicly traded company or private enterprise.
If your nominee does not meet the conditions above, we are sorry, but they do not meet the eligibility requirements for this award. If your nominee does meet the conditions listed above please continue.
The nominee will have a letter written by another individual telling us why he or she should be considered for this award. The letter can be written in Microsoft Word or as a PDF. The letter should be sent as an email attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for us to receive a nomination letter is December 31, 2013. Suggested criteria used in judging the nominees are:
- Communication Skills
- Willingness to Learn
- Involvement with Professional Organizations/Programs
Last but not least, we also require the following information on your nominee:
Name of Company Currently Employed With
Company Telephone Number
We would also like the same information on you, the nominator. This is in the event we have some additional questions we would like to ask you about your nominee.
In all cases, the information you provide will not be given away or sold to any third parties for any reasons whatsoever.
Thank you and good luck.
The Helicopter Maintenance magazine team.