BELL HELICOPTER HIGHLIGHTS FROM HAI HELI-EXPO 2013
Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. company, was the largest exhibitor at Heli-Expo 2013. The Bell Helicopter hosted company representatives and four Bell helicopters on display: two Bell 429s, as well as the new Bell 412EPI and Bell 407GT, both introduced at the show.
According to John Garrison, president and CEO of Bell Helicopter, Heli-Expo is always an important event for the company, but this year’s show was particularly significant. “We set out very aggressive customer interaction and sales goals for Heli-Expo, since it is our first major trade show of the year,” he says. “It’s been an exciting and intense few days spending time with hundreds of our best customers.
“I think the best evidence of our success at the show is the agreements we reached for sales of 50 helicopters to current customers and first-time Bell Helicopter customers.”
Among the purchase agreements signed during Heli-Expo:
• An order for 30 helicopters by American Medical Group Holdings; this is on the heels of another major EMS win in December with Air Methods for 20 helicopters.
• Orders for an additional 20 helicopters came from international customers, further growing Bell Helicopter’s presence in Latin America, Europe and Asia.
Other show highlights for Bell Helicopter include:
• Announcement of significant customer-driven upgrades to Bell Helicopter’s fleet of leading rotorcraft, including the:
• New Bell 412EPI, featuring a fully-integrated glass cockpit, upgraded engines and improved performance
• New Bell 407GT, an armed version of the Bell 407GX, featuring a fully-integrated Garmin G1000H flight deck, and armament options ranging from light munitions to laser-guided weapon systems
• Bell 429 with a retractable wheeled-landing gear option
• Announcement of Helidrive as a new Bell Helicopter independent representative for Russia and the first Bell Helicopter authorized independent sales representative in northwest Russia
• Signing a memorandum of understanding with Van Horn Aviation to design, certify and manufacture a composite tail rotor blade for the Bell 212 and Bell 412 product lines;
• More than 15 professional education sessions held in the Bell Helicopter Mission Theater in the company’s booth throughout the week, garnering participation by more than 125 customers