Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. company, announces that it signed purchase agreements for 16 aircraft during the 2012 China International Aviation & Aerospace Exhibition
(Airshow China), held in Zhuhai, Guangdong, China,
Nov. 13-18, 2012.
Bell Helicopter signed agreements for the following during Airshow China:
• Aerochine Aviation – two Bell 429s
• Astro Airlines – one Bell 407GX
• Beijing Fanya General Aviation – one Bell 206L4
• General Dynamics – one Bell 407GX
• Guanchen Aviation – four Bell 407GXs
• Reignwood – four Bell 407GXs and two Bell 206L4s
• Riverside – one Bell 407GX
Bell Helicopter also made several major announcements during Airshow China. Bell Helicopter announced that the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) has approved the increased maximum gross weight for the Bell 429, which will allow customers in China to fully utilize the capabilities of the aircraft.
Additionally, Bell Helicopter announced the appointment of Chris Jaran as managing director for Bell Helicopter in China. In this role, Jaran is responsible for all helicopter sales activities within China as Bell Helicopter continues to expand its presence in the Asia Pacific.