The National Air Transportation Association (NATA) announces a call for nominations to acknowledge the individuals, offices, and organizations demonstrating excellence in their field and the highest level of customer service to the general aviation community.
Each year, NATA presents seven awards to the exceptional individuals and companies that have helped to improve the general aviation community. The recipients of five of these awards are chosen based upon NATA member-submitted nominations.
These awards cover five categories:
The Airport Executive Partnership Award recognizes an airport manager for outstanding efforts to nurture the relationships between aviation businesses and airport operators.
The Aviation Journalism Award identifies a journalist, writer, or publication that excels in consumer education or editorial support that is beneficial to the general aviation industry.
The Excellence In Pilot Training Award recognizes an individual or organization that has made outstanding contributions in safety, professionalism, leadership, and excellence in the field of pilot training.
The FAA Customer Service Excellence Award recognizes a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) facility or facility staff member who represents the highest degree of customer service and elevates the quality of interaction between the FAA and aircraft maintenance and repair facilities, Part 135 certificate holders, airport service organizations, and flight schools.
The ATP/NATA General Aviation Service Technician Award acknowledges the exceptional performance of a licensed airframe and power plant mechanic or radio repairman who has practiced his or her craft for a period of 20 or more years.
The 2012 NATA industry excellence awards winners were:
• Airport Executive Partnership Award — Christopher U. Browne, vice president & airport manager, Washington Dulles International Airport
• Aviation Journalism Award – Curt Epstein, staff editor, Aviation International News (AIN)
• Excellence In Pilot Training Award — Vinny Billisi, vice president & director of operations, Airborne Systems Flight Training
• FAA Customer Service Excellence Award — Charlotte Flight Standards District Office
• ATP/NATA General Aviation Service Technician Award — Greg Paxson, director of maintenance, TWC Aviation, Inc.
All nominations for these five awards must be received by NATA no later than December 20, 2013. NATA members may obtain a nomination form by calling the NATA headquarters at 800-808-6282 or by e-mailing Rebecca Mulholland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The awards will be presented during the NATA Industry Excellence Awards Dinner held during NATA’s Aviation Business & Legislative Conference in March 2014.