$37.50 HR CH-53 Reliability, Maintainability
Supports and manages projects ensuring that designs are sufficiently robust to satisfy customers needs for equipment that is life cycle cost-effective without sacrificing operator, maintainer, or system safety. Support daily event entry into the Failure Reporting, Analysis & Corrective Action System (FRACAS) database via review of operations, test logs and NAVAIR maintenance databases; capture event evidence via interviews with maintainers, pilots, Marine maintainers, photos, test/data logs, etc. Ensure tagging/isolation of parts for Root Cause /Corrective Action analysis via working with Quality and IPT members and to ensure proper component disposition prior to return to Supplier / Sikorsky. Support daily updates of parts status and management process to ensure timely root cause analysis and return to supply chain. Support daily joint preliminary-scoring with NAVAIR team members. Must be comfortable building relationships with customer and hourly-workforce.
Experience/Background: A.S. degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering, preferred but not required and may be waived if candidate has sufficient practical experience, such as the following:
- Military maintenance background on H-53 aircraft is preferred.
- Previous commercial A&P or military aircraft maintenance
- Previous experience in aircraft test operations support.
- R&M FRACAS, failure analysis experience preferred, but is not required.
Other skills required:
- Must be a self-starter and work independently, requiring a minimum of supervision.
- Must be comfortable building relationships with customer and hourly-workforce.
- Must possess skill level capable of performing tasks required to support the FRACAS program.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Picture Manager (or similar photo imager tool) and Outlook.
Position may require some overtime and/or support of second or third shift and/or occasional weekends in support flight test and maintenance schedules. Candidate will be supporting the CH-53K flight test program at PAX River Maryland and will report to the R&M Program Lead in WPB Florida. 9/80 work schedule (M-F), 40 hours per week with every other Friday off. Work schedule may be modified to align with aircraft flight testing and approved Overtime, so occasional weekend work may also be required.