AME M Type
Give Your Career a Vertical Lift! At any given moment, on any given day, a CHC aircraft is in the air somewhere in the world. Whether we're transporting the men and women who keep the world's offshore oil and gas flowing, or taking an injured patient to safety, CHC sets the standard for safety, customer service, modern aircraft and efficiency. This is a billion-dollar business built on the foundation of a strong team spirit in our company and our greatest strength is our motivated and passionate employees. All you have to do is get on board. Heli-One is looking for an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer #8220;M#8221; - ACA. Responsible for maintenance to airworthy standards, inspecting and releasing maintenance for contracted maintenance support to 400 Squadron at Canadian Forces Base (CFB) Borden, Ontario. Responsibilities:
- Perform aircraft inspections, including airframe structures, engines and components
- Ensure operating and maintenance procedures comply with industry and internal regulations and quality standards
- Interpret technical manuals, drawings and blueprints
- Test repaired aircraft systems for proper performance, cleaning and lubricating equipment and other routine maintenance work
- Troubleshoot issues and develop actions to rectify them
- Record problems and actions taken
- Maintain accurate statement of maintenance history of the aircraft
- Assist in instruction and training of apprentices
- Away from base travel may be required.
- Employees must comply with and adhere to all company policies
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience: Required:
- Valid Transport Canada AME #8220;M#8221; Type license with at least 6 months#8217; experience in the last 24 months worked in an environment that has required the conduct of the airworthiness function IAW TCCA Airworthiness Manual (AWM)
- Chapter 566, or, be an ex-DND Level A qualified on CH146 with at least 6 months#8217; experience in the last 24 months worked in an environment that has required the conduct of the airworthiness function.
- Efficient in the use of electronic or paper based manuals (IETM) and able to navigate through vendor data to find necessary information
- In-depth knowledge of aircraft systems and aviation standards
- Minimum 3 years#8217; experience on Bell 412/CH146 type helicopters preferred
- Type endorsement on Bell 412
- Minimum 12 months as a Level A or ACA authorization on type.
- PT6T-3D qualified with minimum 3 years#8217; experience in engine rigging would be an asset.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to process complex systems and logically think through problems.
- Human Factors Training - Current
- Results oriented with a focus on quality.
- Computer literate.
- Good physical condition.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and follow instructions.
- Works on shop floor involving frequent lifting of materials up to 30 lbs.
- Frequently operates dangerous machineries requiring safety equipment such as safety eyeglasses, hearing protectors, work boots and hard hats.
- Constantly exposed to noise, fumes, gas, chemicals, dust or dirt.
- Occasionally exposed to extreme temperature or humidity.
Please apply ONLINE at www.chc.ca to be considered for this position. CHC welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability. If required we are able to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with a disability throughout the selection process. We fully comply with all local, national and regional regulations governing employment practices. Alternate formats are available upon request to EmploymentEquity@chc.ca. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted. No phone calls!