AP Helicopter Base Technician - Medford, NJ
Metro Aviation is seeking (2) A&P Helicopter Technicians with exceptional skills for our Cooper Program located in Medford, NJ. Metro Aviation is driven by its safety culture and demonstrates that commitment to safety by providing its Technicians with industry-leading training and modern, well equipped shops. We are seeking aviation professionals that share our passion for safety and excellence in operations
- Performs preventive, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, inspections, repairs and modifications to airframes and engines in accordance with manufacturers maintenance procedures, airworthiness directives, service bulletins, the Metro Aviation General Operations Manual and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Actively incorporates safety in all maintenance activities in accordance with the Metro Aviation Safety Management System.
- Plans and manages scheduled maintenance activity effectively.
- Manages base inventory, parts ordering, stock levels, core returns, shipping, and receiving of parts and materials.
- Responsible to be available promptly on call during nights, weekends, and holidays if necessary.
- Performs engine and engine component troubleshooting, replacement and rigging.
- Performs main and tail rotor track and balancing.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot aircraft avionics and electrical systems.
- Works independently without immediate supervision.
- Maintains a safe and airworthy aircraft at all times
Aviation Maintenance Technician Minimum Preferred QualificationsRotor Wing or Fixed Wing Technicians
- Honesty, integrity and a commitment to maintaining safe compliant aircraft.
- Detail oriented. Self-Starter. Team player.
- Current FAA Airframe and Power Plant Mechanic Certificate, Inspection Authorization a plus.
- Three years' experience working with turbine powered rotor or fixed wing experience.
- Prefer three years of specific model aircraft experience
- Prefer three years of Part 135 field experience
- Sound judgement and objectivity in decision-making.
- Effective maintenance planning and scheduling skills.
- Strong electrical and avionics troubleshooting ability.
- Requires the ability to work days, nights, weekends, and on-call during the month.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to work outdoors and/or in potentially extreme cold and hot temperatures dependent upon location.
- Bending, squatting, kneeling, sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
- Frequent usage of hands, wrists, shoulders and back is necessary.
- Comfortable working on ladders and or work stands of 12 feet or less and small spaces.
- Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (High Visibility clothing, Ear protection, safety glasses) when required.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls: reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. May be exposed to hazardous chemicals. Work around machinery with moving parts. Specialized PPE may be required. The noise level in the work environment typically is usually moderate.