Part 145 Repair Station currently recruiting for Avionics/A&P Technicians (temp to hire and/or direct hire) for our Philadelphia, PA facility working on complex avionics equipment/systems in the rotary wing industry. ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform systems integration functions and installations in accordance with product manufacturers#8217; requirements and #8220;best standards#8221; practices.
- Perform the activities, procedures, and processes that are involved in avionics systems installations, troubleshooting, and product support.
- Inspect, service, maintain, troubleshoot and repair all avionics systems that perform functions of communications, navigation, automatic aircraft flight control systems, etc.
- Follow maintenance manual guidelines, diagrams and schematics to ensure testing and repairs are performed in accordance with FAA requirements and procedures.
- Perform lab bench checks, to include analysis, repair and calibration of avionics electrical equipment.
- Maintain and update records for each work order.
- May accompany flight crew to perform in-flight adjustments and to determine and record required post-flight repair work.
- Participate actively in productivity and quality improvement programs.
- Function as a key member of a highly motivated, high performing team.
STANDARDS AND PRACTICES:
- Create and maintain high standards and practices for all work performed on aircraft.
- Maintain currency and competency in skill sets.
- Comply with all mandatory programs; i.e., FOD Program, Tool Control Program, etc.
- Work as a key member of a high performing team dedicated on providing state-of-the art quality installations.
- Provide exceptional customer service and support.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of 2 years recent relevant experience.
- FCC General Radiotelephone Operator License (GROL) with radar endorsement preferred.
- Preference will be given to applicants experienced in AgustaWestland helicopters.
- FAA-certified Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Mechanic certification a plus.
- Ability to interpret schematics and technical drawings.
- An equivalent combination of education and relevant experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position will be considered
- Ability to move and lift 50 pounds during aircraft and component maintenance.
- Valid driver#8217;s license.
- Previous relevant field experience with AgustaWestland AW109, AW119, and AW139 helicopters a plus.
- Experience on Garmin, Honeywell and common avionics manufacturer#8217;s a plus.
- Previous experience in repair with Transponders, Navcomms, Radars, DME, etc. a plus.
- Must be able to pass standard drug urinalysis test prior to start date.
- Must provide tools, except those specifically required for individual model of aircraft to be maintained.