COLUMBUS MS Sheetmetal Tech A
For additional information/hourly rate please contact:Recruiter: TIM BONDDirect Number: 912-303-5077 PDS Tech is seeking a "Sheetmetal Tech A" in Columbus MS
- Perform Layout of sheet parts by measuring and scribing in preparation for cutting and forming operations
- Cut raw materials allowing for bend requirements, flanges, and crimping.
- Provide nesting arrangements for cutting the maximum number of parts from standard size metal sheetsAssist in the development of patterns or templates to simplify manufacturing processes and to assure proper dimensionsInstall
- Sheetmetal parts and assemblies in aircraft; assure that installations are attached without endangering aircraft structure or systems operations and functions
- Fitting and assembling skins, frames, and other components.
- Work will consist of drilling, fitting, and riveting of the many sub-assemblies of the helicopter, including such items as tail booms and stabilizers
- Read detailed plans and diagrams and inspect and measure parts prior to assembly, making sure parts are free of defects and are the right size.
- Cut, grind, or trim parts to fit properly.
- Layout, aligns, and fit structural metal parts to form the stabilizers and tail booms.Bolt, rivet, or chemically bond parts together
- Be able to join sections by drilling, bolting and clamping units together
- Cut, file, drill, and ream metal, plastic, and rubber sections to prepare them for fasteningUse tools, such as drills, wrenches, and rivet guns
- Work with inspectors to run tests to determine whether the parts are assembled properly
- Make adjustments or replace parts when neededFollow all OSHA, safety and environmental regulations
Send current resume to email@example.com Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Minimum of four years related experience in Sheetmetal and Sheetmetal assembly.
- Some experience may be substituted for education normally acquired in the attainment of an A & P license.
- Some trade school desirable.
- An A&P license is preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status