North Charleston,South Carolina,United States
The Boeing Research Technology (BRT) organization is seeking a Structural Analysis Engineer (Level 2) to join the Structures Technology team in North Charleston, South Carolina. Job Responsibilities:
- Performs structural analysis and documentation in support of both internal and external research and development programs
- Perform analysis such as durability and damage tolerance (DaDT) analyses, static stress sizing analysis, material and structural trade studies.
- Develop, integrate, and document analysis results.
- Verify structural integrity by using analytical methods, finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools throughout the product life-cycle to develop the structural environment, characteristics and performance.
- Develop analytical models that incorporate structure, aerodynamics, and perform fatigue and damage tolerance analyses to meet defined requirements and support vehicle design.
The position is for supporting advanced prototype developments, as well as, internal and external research and development programs. The ideal candidate would be self-starter, with communication skills, the ability to learn and adapt to the wide variety of tasks and assignments within BRT. In particular, we are looking for engineers interested in advanced composite structures simulation methods development, additive manufacturing design and analysis, and structural optimization.Boeing Research and Technology is the preferred provider of technologies and innovation across the entire Boeing enterprise. We work across the complete product lifecycle of Boeings commercial aircraft, military aircraft, rotorcraft, space vehicles, UAVs, and advanced vehicle prototypes. We provide innovative support for current and future products and services, act as global scouts for innovative technologies, and solve our customers most difficult technology challenges. Structures Technology is focused on discovering, developing, and transitioning innovative structures technology into Boeing products. We develop, integrate, and transition advanced structural architectures and design concepts. We advance the state of the art in methods and tools for structural analysis. We accelerate the qualification and certification of new materials and structures. Our highly capable engineers excel in a team environment of challenge and opportunity on multiple projects, and partnering with Boeing business units, government customers, global suppliers, and universities to rapidly mature key technologies to production readiness. Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Experience in structural analysis
- Experience in structural analysis methods and tools such as Finite Element Analysis
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with structural analysis of composite and metal structures.
- Experience in structural testing, testing standards (ASTM), test planning, and advanced data analysis methods.
- Experience in programming in Visual basic, Python, Matlab, and/or C++. Python/Abaqus experience is highly desired.
- Experience with finite element software codes such as Abaqus, NASTRAN, and 3DX. UG and CATIA experience.
Typical Education / Experience:Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelors and 2 or more years experience or a Masters degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 of the Time
Engineering Test and Tech
United States; The Boeing Company