Helicopter Blade Repair- Grand Prairie, TX
Mon, 04/16/2018 - 12:30
- Perform work on assigned parts in composite/rotor blades with a primary focus on sanding.
- This assignment is expected to be approximately 6 months in length.
- Perform fabrication, repair and/or modification of aircraft rotor blades working from three-dimensional blueprints, sketches, diagrams and other similar documents or sources.
- Weigh, measure and mix resins, coloring agents and catalyst in accordance with established formulas.
- Layout and cut fabrics using cutting patterns or scale.
- Apply compound on form manually and position fabric on compound.
- Use squeeze tool to remove air pockets and lumps to shape and obtain a smooth surface.
- Apply additional layers of compound and fabrics to build up required number of layers.
- Sand contoured surfaces to finish molded accessories using handtools and select other abrasive tools according to operation and dimensions specified.
- Visually and tactually inspect surfaces for flaws and smoothness.
- Maintain close working relationship with assigned lead regarding schedules, priorities, availability of parts, supplies and tools.
- Use various hand tools, power equipment, measuring devices, test equipment, and paint equipment and instructions as required.
- Ensure compliance with company and customer specifications and FAA regulations as required.
- Complete forms and records pertaining to completion of assigned work.
- Maintain responsibility to keep scrap at minimum levels.
PDS Tech, Inc.
- HS diploma or equivalent. Some trade school desirable.
- A & P or FCC license is desirable as applicable.
- Minimum of 4 years related experience (fiberglass/composite/bonding/blades); some experience may be substituted for education normally acquired in the attainment of an A & P or FCC license.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.