Pilot Instructor – Topflight
The Pilot Instructor reports directly to the General Manager at HNZ Topflight in Penticton BC, and will be responsible for providing instruction, evaluation and examination of rated pilots in flying techniques and methods of instruction, examination and evaluation. Instruction involves basic and advanced techniques for flying aircraft VFR including night VFR and night NVG. In addition the selected candidate will provide subject matter expertise and support the development of training courseware. A stable work schedule is offered during the training period and the candidate will participate in an integration plan to fulfil all duties required for the position. Basic Responsibilities:
- Teaching ground school and associated flight instructor duties locally and as needed away from base;
- Conducting ab initio, mountain, recurrent, NVG, long line, endorsement training and other advanced training courses as needed;
- Ensure that pilots under training have both the knowledge and ability to carry out the duties assigned or report the reason for failure to meet such standards to the Director of Training / Chief Flying instructor (CFI);
- Certify the individual training records as to the competency of pilots under training upon the completion of training;
- Act as PIC for base aircraft operations as needed locally and away from base.
Interested applicants must have the following minimum qualifications:
- Spanish speaking ability required for at least one of the two Instructor positions;
- Valid Commercial Pilot License #8211; Helicopter from Transport Canada;
- Transport Canada Flight Instructor rating an asset however not mandatory;
- Minimum of 3,000 hours rotary wing flight time;
- Minimum 3,000 hours of proven mountain experience, may be less and reviewed individually;
- Long line/ vertical reference experience an asset;
- Endorsements and experience on a multitude of light turbine helicopters required;
- Good communication skills in English, both verbal and written format. Fluency and ability to teach in Spanish is required for at least one of the vacant Instructor positions.
We would like to hear from you if you possess the above technical skills and:
- Good people skills / customer focus;
- Positive attitude and ability to work within a team environment;
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Smart board etc...).
Compensation: We offer a competitive compensation program such as: flexible benefits program, complete dental and medical protection, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance and pension plan.