Sheet Metal Mechanic
Position summary: Repair, modification, and installation of primary and secondary airframe structures. Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices. Essential Functions:
- Read and interpret Structural Repair manuals, service bulletins, aircraft drawings and other specifications to determine the feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged structures.
- Fabricate, assemble, fit, fasten and install or repair parts of aircraft such as tails, wings, fuselage, bulkheads and stabilizers. Fabrication of PMA parts. Use machines and hand tools to drill, cut, and bend sheet metal.
- Installation of aircraft hardware such as: rivets, blind fasteners, lockbolts, Hi-loks, and nut plates.
- Perform any other related task or duties as assigned or required.
- Working knowledge and understanding of aircraft systems, production planning and engineering requirements highly preferred.
- Perform all other duties and assignments as requested by Crew Leader and Management.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Completion of military technical training or comparable civilian trade school is desired. The employee must be certified to perform tasks specified in Carson Helicopters Repair Station Manual, if required to perform those tasks. Employee may be required to be licensed by Federal Aviation Administration.
- A&P License Preferred.
- Three (3) or more years#8217; experience troubleshooting and effecting aviation sheet metal repairs and modifications on Military or Commercial aircraft, rotor wing craft preferred.
- Experience using FAA approved data proficiently.
- FAA Drug and Alcohol program participation required.
- Stationary position for extended periods of time
- Walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl #8211; Position self, move around
- Climb or Balance #8211; Climb ladders or work stands/platforms to get around aircraft
- Lift up to 40 lbs.
- Oral Comprehension: The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented in English.
- Written Expression: Communicate information and ideas in English so others will understand.
- Deductive Reasoning: The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Inductive Reasoning: The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Knowledge of basic aircraft systems, test equipment, tools, standards and specifications.
Responsibilities and tasks outlined in this job description are not exclusive and may change as determined by the needs of the company. Carson Helicopters, Inc. is a veteran-owned company and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to hiring veterans. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability. This job description is not an offer of employment or employment contract.