Sheet Metal Mechanic
Wed, 07/11/2018 - 12:06
Part 145 Repair Station currently recruiting for Sheet Metal Mechanic (temp to hire) for our Philadelphia, PA facility working in the rotary wing industry.
- Routine maintenance and structural repair to airframes, including sheet metal work, riveting, patching and painting or maintenance.
- Maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures, structural components and engines of complex to extreme difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components, and applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation.
- Apply professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
- Work typically requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
- A detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required.
STANDARDS AND PRACTICES:
- Create and maintain high standards and practices for all work performed on aircraft.
- Maintain currency and competency in skills sets
- Work as a key member of a high performing team dedicated on providing state-of-the art quality installations.
- Provide exceptional customer service and support.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of two years#8217; experience performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks and aviation sheet metal on commercial/civil rotary wing aircraft. Commercial/civil turbine powered fixed-wing experience is a plus.
- FAA-certified Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Mechanic certification a plus but not required
- An equivalent combination of education and relevant experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position will be considered.
- Ability to move and lift 50 pounds during aircraft and component maintenance
- Valid driver#8216;s license
- Previous relevant field experience with Agusta Westland AW-109, AW-119, AW-139, Bell 206, 222, 230, 430, 212, 412, and Eurocopter series helicopters is a plus
- Selected candidates must pass a standard drug urinalysis test.
- Must provide tools, except those, specifically required for individual model of aircraft to be maintained.