USHST Safety Experts Will Offer 13 Workshops at Heli-Expo 2018
Members of the United States Helicopter Safety Team (www.USHST.org) will be providing their safety advice for Heli-Expo participants in Las Vegas at 13 different workshops in a wide variety of topics.
The USHST promotes safety and works to reduce accidents through a government and industry cooperative effort that has resulted in a decrease in U.S. civil helicopter accidents since the organization’s inception in 2013. During that same time period, fatal accidents also have decreased.
The full list of USHST-related workshops scheduled at Heli-Expo 2018 is as follows:
- FRAT: Practical Flight Risk Assessments—Feb. 27, 8:30 am, and Feb. 28, 2:15 pm
- Autorotations: Reality Exposed—Feb. 27, 1:00 pm
- SMS for Small-Fleet or Private Operators—Feb. 27, 2:15 pm
- Applied Aeronautical Knowledge—Feb. 27, 2:15 pm, and Feb. 28, 8:00 am
- Tipped Off: Improving Performance Through Safety Tips—Feb. 27, 2:15 pm, and Feb. 28, 11:45 am
- Human Factors: Protecting Us from Ourselves—Feb. 27, 2:15 pm, and Feb. 28, 2:15 pm
- Flying Blind—Feb. 27, 3:30 pm
- The Vuichard Recovery: A Better Way Out of Vortex Ring State—Feb. 27, 3:30 pm, and Feb. 28, 10:30 am
- IIMC: Threat, Avoidance and Survival—Feb. 28, 8:00 am
- Airworthiness Defined: Safety Management in Small Operations—Feb. 28, 10:30 am
- Flight Instructor Intervention and Risk Prevention—Feb. 28, 1:00 pm
- Heliport Accident Prevention—Feb. 28, 1:00 pm
- What’s Your Attitude?—Feb. 28, 1:00 pm
More information about the USHST, its reports, safety tools, Real Safety presentations and YouTube safety videos can be obtained at its website and on the International Helicopter Safety Team website (www.IHST.org) and Facebook page.