Snap-on Industrial Donates Items for D.O.M. Magazine Awards Recipients
Milton, WI – D.O.M. magazine announces that Snap-on Industrial, a division of Snap-on Incorporated, a global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of tools, diagnostics, equipment, software and service solutions for professionals, has donated two items for this year’s D.O.M. magazine awards winners. Snap-on Industrial has donated a BK6000 Video/Still Recording Digital Borescope and a TechAngle Electronic Torque Wrench.
D.O.M. magazine launched two new awards this year – the Maintenance Manager of the Year and the Above and Beyond awards. More information about the awards can be viewed by clicking here.
The BK6000 Video/Still Recording Digital Borescope from Snap-on Industrial has been approved by the Federal Aviation Administration as an Alternative Method of Compliance (AMOC) for inspection on aircraft manufactured by Commander Aircraft Corporation, Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation and Rockwell International (models 112, 112B, 112TC, 112TCA, 114, 114A, 114B and 114TC).
The airworthiness directive on the above listed aircraft recommends technicians use the BK6000 to inspect for cracks in the elevator. Specifically, the airworthiness directive was prompted by reports of a total of nine elevator spar cracks across seven of the affected airplanes, including a crack of 2.35 inches just below the outboard hinge of the right-hand elevator. Using the BK6000 will help identify potential cracks and prevent structural failure of the elevator spar, which could result in separation of the elevator from the airplane with consequent loss of control.
The BK6000, which records and plays back still images and video clips on a 3.5 inch screen, can be used in a variety of aerospace applications, including single- and dual-piston aircraft, business and commercial jets, and ground equipment. Beyond aerospace, it can be used in servicing engine, A/C, under dash, suspension and transmission.
Features of the BK6000 include:
- Capturing still images at 740 x 480 resolution
- 2x digital zoom
- 8.5mm diameter imager head fits into tight places
- High intensity LEDs direct light where it’s needed
- Mini-USB connector for uploading images and video to a computer
- Video-out port for direct analog video out
- Audio input jack for recording comments with an additional microphone
- Rubber over-mold on all contact/gripping areas for added ergonomics and durability
- Stand and hanger to allow user to station device
- Removable, rechargeable Lithium-ion battery pack
- 120 volt AC plug in
- Two-year warranty
- Complies with Safety and Standards associations (FCC, CE, WE EE, COC, PSE and MET)
For more information about the BK6000 Video/Still Recording Digital Borescope from Snap-on Industrial, call Scott Steward, segment support manager - aerospace/aviation, Snap-on Industrial, 561-212-6404, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For general Snap-on Industrial inquires call 877.740.1900, or email email@example.com.
The TechAngle Electronic Torque Wrench from Snap-on Industrial comes with a new cycle-counting feature which gives critical industries important information to help track required calibration cycles of torque-measuring instruments.
Designed to do the work of four torque wrenches, the TechAngle Electronic Torque Wrench allows users to set the torque value in Newton meters, foot pounds, or inch pounds and angle of rotation. The TechAngle then measures applied torque and angular rotation by using an inertial gyroscope.
Cycle counting, an important new feature, has been added to the latest version of the TechAngle Electronic Torque Wrench. ISO standard 6789:2003 specifies the calibration requirements for torque wrenches at one year or 5,000 cycles (each time torque is applied to a fastener equals one cycle). For ease of scheduling, many industries simply calibrate torque wrenches on an annual basis. This is acceptable only if wrenches are cycled fewer than 5,000 times per year. However, for critical applications and for torque instruments that are cycled more than 5,000 times annually, more frequent calibration may be necessary.
The TechAngle’s internal cycle counter tracks cycle count and alerts the user when 5,000 cycles have been reached – an important reminder that the torque wrench may be in need of calibration.
The TechAngle Torque Wrench also eliminates the need to measure angle of rotation with gauges and protractors, providing the most accurate and fastest way to achieve torque-plus-angle tightening sequences. It comes in three square-drive sizes: 1/4”, 3/8” and 1/2”. Performance specifications of the three sizes are:
1/4” square-drive size (Stock Number ATECH1FR240)
- Newton meters: 2.7 – 27.12
- Foot pounds: 2 – 20
- Inch pounds: 24 – 240
- Total length: 15”
3/8” square-drive size (Stock Number ATECH2FR100A)
- Newton meters: 13.5 – 135.0
- Foot pounds: 5.0 – 100
- Inch pounds: 60 – 1,200
- Total length: 17”
1/2” square-drive size (Stock Number ATECH3FR250A)
- • Newton meters: 17.5 – 340
- • Foot pounds: 12.5 – 250
- • Inch pounds: 150 – 3,000
- • Total length: 26”
Features and benefits of the TechAngle Electronic Torque Wrench include:
- Each button has only one function (power on, select unit of measure, increase/decrease fastener torque setting, increase/decrease fastener angle setting)
- Comfortable, non-slip handle provides a firm grip
- High strength, sealed ratchet head eliminates routine maintenance
- Flex-head ratchet moves 15° in both directions
- Rugged construction to withstand shocks without failure
- Splash proof – protects against water and most shop chemicals
For more information about the TechAngle Electronic Torque Wrench from Snap-on Industrial, call 800.446.7404.