Appareo Receives Certification for Stratus Transponders in Part 27 Helicopters
Appareo receives FAA approval for installation of Stratus™ transponders in Part 27 aircraft. The STC-AML includes Airbus Helicopters, Bell Helicopter, Leonardo and Robinson Helicopter. The H-variant models, named Stratus ES-H and Stratus ESG-H, are now available through the Authorized Appareo Dealer Network and retail for the same price as the Part 23 transponders.
Stratus ESG-H — $2,995 — Designed to be an all-in-one box solution for ADS-B mandate compliance, Stratus ESG-H is a 1090 extended squitter (ES) transponder with built-in certified WAAS GPS.
Stratus ES-H — $2,495 — Designed for aircraft owners who have already invested in WAAS GPS, Stratus ES-H will make an aircraft rule-compliant when paired with any of the following navigators:
- Garmin GPS 175
- Garmin GPS 400W, GNC 420W/420 AW, and GNS 430W/430AW with software version 5.00 or later
- Garmin GPS GNS 480 (CNX80)
- Garmin GPS 500W and GNS 530W/530AW/530TAWS with software version 5.02 or later
- Garmin 6XX and 7XX with software version 3.00 or later
- Avidyne IFD440 and IFD540 with software version 10.0.3.0 or later
Both models are certified 1090 ES ADS-B Out transponders designed with the common 1.65” form factor to easily replace existing transponders. Stratus transponders can be connected to an ADS-B In receiver for the complete ADS-B experience.
To find a dealer, visit https://www.appareo.com/aviation/dealer-locator/.