Bell Delivers the First Bell 505 NXi to Europe
Bell Textron Inc., a Textron Inc. company, recently delivered the first European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)-certified Bell 505 NXi to a corporate customer in Europe. The delivery was made at the Bell Textron Prague facility.
“We are proud to now offer the Bell 505 NXi to our European customers,” says Duncan Van De Velde, managing director, Europe and Russia. “With receiving EASA certification at the end of 2020, every new Bell 505 comes standard with the Garmin G1000 NXi integrated avionics suite. The new upgraded avionics provide best-in-class workload reduction, situational awareness with faster processing power and crisper displays to aid pilots with flight, aircraft, traffic and terrain information in an easy-to-read format.”
With the latest Garmin avionics and dual channel FADEC-controlled engine, the Bell 505 NXi is the most advanced short light single aircraft on the market. Some of the aircraft offerings include:
- Dual core processors reduce boot time by more than 50%
- LED backlit and improved displays that increase resolution and brightness
- Easy LRU replacement via automatically loaded software recognition
- VFR/IFR charts available via the multifunction display (MFD)
- Enhanced Horizontal Situation Indicator (HIS) with map, traffic and terrain overlays
- Optional wireless datalink allows for easy flight plan and database uploads via a compatible mobile device
There are nearly 300 Bell 505s operating in more than 55 countries across six continents, surpassing 50,000 total fleet flight hours. The aircraft is designed to deliver an easy, efficient flight experience while offering significant value to parapublic, helicopter emergency medical services and private operators.
To find out more about the 505, visit https://www.bellflight.com/products/bell-505.