New Intrinsically Safe ControlTech™ Wireless Electronic Torque Wrenches from Snap-on Industrial
Snap-on Industrial introduces the new Intrinsically Safe ControlTech™ Wireless Electronic Torque Wrenches. A wholly new design in torque tools, the Snap-on Intrinsically Safe ControlTech™ Torque Wrenches are engineered and tested for operation in Class 1 Division 2 hazardous environments where flammable gases, vapors or liquids may potentially be present.
Intrinsically safe equipment is defined as “equipment and wiring which is incapable of releasing sufficient electrical or thermal energy under normal or abnormal conditions to cause ignition of a hazardous atmosphere mixture in its most easily ignited concentration.”
Snap-on’s Intrinsically Safe ControlTech™ Torque Wrenches comply with key safety standards, including: IEC60079-0, IEC60079-11, UL121201, and CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 213-17, UL 508 (Part One), and CAS C22.2 No. 14-13. Additionally, the wrenches’ custom-designed battery packs meet UL 2504 standards.
Designed for repeated use, Intrinsically Safe ControlTech™ Torque Wrenches are extremely accurate to +/- 2% clockwise and +/- 3% counterclockwise, providing instant data on the exact torque applied — something mechanical wrenches cannot do.
Snap-on’s Intrinsically Safe ControlTech™ Torque Wrenches come with a selection of interchangeable ISO/IZO heads to handle a wide variety of torquing applications. The wrenches are also Bluetooth® compatible, enabling you to record the torque and turn-angle data in real time. Transfer data using Snap-on’s CONNECTORQ app for increased quality and traceability of your work.
Key performance features of Snap-on’s Intrinsically Safe ControlTech™ Torque Wrenches include:
- Torque and angle combo modes for the most accurate and fastest way to achieve torque, plus angle, in a single motion
- Built-in calibration factor for different extensions and adapters
- Dual side LED indicator lights with configurable settings for operational guidance
- Easy-to-read LCD screen, LED indicator lights; audible beep and handle vibration work together to signal when torque is within the targeted range
- On-board rechargeable NiMH battery and smart charging system via USB
- Ingress protected for water and dust rated to IP55
- Meets or exceeds ISO 6789 standard
- Rugged all-steel body designed for industrial use
- Two-year wrench warranty; one-year battery warranty
- Battery cap with integral drop-prevention attachment point
- Angle range 0-360°.
Three models of the Intrinsically Safe ControlTech™ Torque Wrenches are available:
- ISO shank; 9 x 12 mm (CTECHW1UA135); 60-1,195 torque range (in.-lbs.); 5-99.6 torque range (ft.-lbs.); 6.8-135 torque range (Nm.)
- ISO shank; 14 x 18 mm (CTECHW1UB400); 177-3,540 torque range (in.-lbs.); 14.9-295 torque range (ft.-lbs.); 20-400 torque range (Nm.)
- Sealed fixed ratchet; 3/4" (CTECHW1UR650); 288-5,753 torque range (in.-lbs.); 24-479.4 torque range (ft.-lbs.); 32.5-650 (Nm.)
For more information on the new Intrinsically Safe ControlTech™ Torque Wrenches from Snap-on Industrial, call (877) 740-1900; see it in action on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au9W1jdvONw; or visit www.snapon.com.