Vertical Flight Expo & Conference Announces Expert Speakers in Packed Conference Program
The inaugural Vertical Flight Expo & Conference (VFE) is gearing up to host a packed conference program where industry veterans and experts will offer insights and advice on the most pressing challenges and opportunities facing the vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) aircraft industry.
From Nov. 5-7 at Farnborough International, VFE — formerly known as Helitech International — will welcome thousands of aviation buyers, operators and suppliers from around the world to discover the latest technologies and solutions driving safer, leaner, better VTOL missions. Visitors will gain a birds-eye view of the VTOL sector, from fixed-wing commercial aircraft to the growing popularity and application of unmanned systems. Hand-picked speakers throughout the three-day event will deliver valuable insights on a wide range of topics, including the future of urban air mobility and infrastructure; how to financially navigate the changing market; and safety in UAVs, air space and air-traffic management.
Speakers during the event include:
- a panel of experts including Alastair Fallon of IBA Group Ltd; Alix Leboulanger of Avescent; Nadav Kesleer at Asian Sky Markets; and Clark McGlinn of Uplifting Advice will provide a global market overview, with insights into how the industry will evolve over the next few years
- Jim Payton, VP Customer Business, Rolls Royce, will lead a series of short sessions in air mobility and infrastructure to address the use of remotely piloted aircraft systems (RPAS)
- Robert Garbett, CEO of Drone Major, an official show partner for 2019, will provide a global overview of future regulations and standards
- Clive Lewis, managing partner of the ADS UAM Group, will offer insights into the current UK marketplace
- Martin Dvorsky of MGM Compro will provide an exclusive insight into propulsion systems — the keystone of every e-VTOL project
- Chris Drew, senior manager at CAVOK Group, will talk about the goals for MRO operators within the new EASA 2020 regulations
- Colin Chesterton will discuss the latest publication on electronic conspicuity from the Civil Aviation Authority
- Robert Garbett will return to take visitors through the Lessons Learned from Gatwick: One Year On, exploring the safety loopholes breached by drones and the counter-measures being implemented throughout the world today.
The future generation of engineers and pilots will also take the spotlight at this year’s VFE when a dedicated Careers Day is launched on Nov. 7, offering military leavers, new license holders, and professionals within the industry looking for a role change the chance to find out more about the opportunities within the aviation industry. Run by this year’s official show partner, the British Helicopter Association (BHA), the sessions will be led by Albie Liddiard, Apprenticeships and Skills manager at Virgin Atlantic, and Angela Beasant of the Royal Air Force.
Jonathan Heastie, Energy, Marine and Rotorcraft Portfolio director at Reed Exhibitions, says: “With a host of leading industry experts confirmed to speak at this year’s Vertical Flight Expo, we can be sure the show will be one to remember. The program has been curated to tap into the latest trends, challenges and opportunities facing the industry with a focus on key markets, such as HEMS, offshore, oil and gas, and the future of UAVs. And, with a new focus on careers, we hope to inspire current and new aviation professionals as they discover the potential this exciting industry has to offer.”
For more information or to register to attend, visit http://www.verticalflightexpo.com.